Wednesday 28 January 2015

Mum-of-two puts herself up for auction on eBay

'Used but in pretty good condition': Mum-of-two puts herself up for sale on eBay
Clic
Scrolling through eBay this weekend, some bargain hunters were surprised to find a woman for sale, under a listing entitled ‘female, size 10′, with the description ‘used but in pretty good condition.’

49-year-old mum-of-two from Haywards Heath Lois Curtis decided to put herself up for sale in the hope she’d be snapped up by a ‘rugged gorgeous Greek guy’, but withdrew the listing after 24-hours after failing to attract her Greek Adonis – despite receiving two offers, with a top bid of £205.
She told MailOnline: ‘I want to go live and in Greece, it’s always been a dream. So my friend Apostolos, who lives over there, said “Put yourself on eBay and I will share the link all over Greece”.
‘He has loads of friends so we just thought we would see what happened and see whether anyone was interested, just for a bit of fun.’
Rob Cable Rex
A bit of sexy soft focus there (Picture: Rob Cable/Rex)
She goes on: ‘It was up for one whole evening and one morning too. In that time, I had one bid from Australia and one from Puerto Rico – I was amazed when it got to over £200. It was quite flattering.
‘But, no-one from Greece ended up contacting me – which was kind of the point.’
Lois’ personal ad also boasted: ‘good bodywork and a sense of fun’ and ‘cooks and cleans, no warranty… fuses have been known to blow’. She also specified ‘collection only’ and ‘no refunds’.
Rob Cable Rex 2
Lois posted several pics of herself along with the listing (Picture: Rob Cable/Rex)
And even though she’s no longer for sale, she says the offers are still coming in. ‘Since I’ve taken it down, I’ve had about six or seven people email me, asking if they can still bid. I don’t even know how they managed to get in touch. One was from America and said he had his credit card number ready and could he make a bid,’ she says.
‘There’s another guy that’s constantly emailing me – I don’t know where he’s even from.’
And – stand by guys – she’s considering a re-listing in the future: ‘I might do the advert again and this time ask specifically for someone from Greece – it’s tempting.’

Or, y’know, she could just try going on holiday to Greece and hope she gets lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment