Friday 10 July 2015

Tunisia Massacre: Killer's Parents Defend Son



Sky News has been given the first full television interview with the parents of the gunman who shot dead dozens of tourists on a beach in Tunisia.
Seifeddine Rezgui, 23, gunned down 38 people, including 30 British nationals, in the resort of Sousse two weeks ago.
Now, in an exclusive interview, his parents describe the final moments they spent with their son, just one day before the attack.

"When I came back from work I found him playing with his brother and on his laptop. They took a picture together," his mother Radhia Manai said.
"He took a shower and changed his clothes, then he came to me and said 'Mom I’m going to see a friend for a night and I need 10 dinars'.
"He hugged and  kissed me and he left. From that moment I didn’t see him. 








"The next day the police knocked at our door. We didn’t have any idea what happened. I thought he was with a friend in Tunis. I didn’t believe it. Even now, I swear to God, I don’t believe what happened."
Rezgui's family insist he was brainwashed into carrying out the attack, but have not named any group or individual.
"They got to my son. They used him and they framed him for the crime," his mother said.
"I can’t imagine he could carry out such an operation? He was carrying his weapon and was just walking. He didn’t fire it. I want to know who fired and then framed him," she added.
Asked to describe his son, his father paints a picture of complete normality – a boy who loved football, dancing and reading and who did well at school.
Abdul-Hakim Rezgui said his son worked nights at a cafe to earn money so he could continue studying in France.
"For four years he was studying at Kairouan University and was never absent," he said.
"He wanted to make money to help himself. He wanted to buy good clothes.
"People say he spent two years training in Libya. How could he train in Libya? How was he able to do that? What about his university?
"I say to the tourists: God bless those who died. And God bless my son. My son was not capable of this. Bad guys tricked him and God will give him what he deserves."
On Thursday, Britons in Tunisia were told to leave the country as the Foreign Office warned more terror attacks were "highly likely". 
Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said: "Since the attack in Sousse the intelligence and threat picture has developed considerably, leading us to the view that a further terrorist attack is highly likely."The Tunisian investigation into those behind the Sousse attack and that on the Bardo museum earlier this year is ongoing and the Tunisians have made clear they want to track down further individuals who they suspect may have links to this attack."

No comments:

Post a Comment