Saturday 1 February 2014

Man With 107 Citi Bank Credit Cards Arrested At Lagos Airport


A 36-year old Nigerian, with two different International passports, has been arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, with 107 Citi Bank credit cards, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA said in a statement today.

NDLEA said it arrested Funsho Oladimeji Babatunde with the automated teller machine cards, 68 Citi Interswitch Master cards and 39 Citi Interswitch Visa cards, concealed inside a luggage during the outward screening of Turkish Airline passengers to Istanbul, Turkey. He had a Nigerian passport with the name Funsho Oladimeji Babatunde and a Turkish passport with the name Kosar Kursat both bearing his photographs.


When he was asked how he came about the credit cards, Funsho said; ‘My friend in Turkey called me that I should help in sending the cards to him in Istanbul, Turkey. When I collected the cards in Lagos, I kept them in my bag but during search, the officer saw the cards and took me for interrogation. I am an OND graduate of Economics at the Kwara Polytechnic’.


He will be transferred to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for further investigation but preliminary investigation suggests the financial instruments might be used for fraudulent purposes since he is not an authorised agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment