Friday 13 March 2015

Fired Univision Star Rodner Figueroa Apologizes To Michelle Obama For Racist Remarks…



That's right, ex-Univision star Rodner Figueroa was on the program El Gordo y La Flaca when he said that Michelle Obama looked like a "cast member of Planet of the Apes."

However, Rodney has since released an apology in which he claims that he's not
a racist. Here's an excerpt of his statement that was personally addressed to Michelle:

''I want to clarify that I am not racist in any way, my comment was not directed towards you, but towards the characterization of the artist, who left much to be desired. The entire video clip in context proves it.
I feel embarrassed, I apologize, because there is no excuse for a professional like me to make these type of comments that can be interpreted as offensive and racist in such volatile times in our country. I take responsibility for this lack of judgment on my part, but I cannot accept being called a racist by anyone and be dismissed as such, and publicly humiliated by Univision after 17 years in this business....'' - culled from Perezhilton 

No comments:

Post a Comment