Tuesday 4 March 2014

Pregnant Chinese woman runs a marathon FOUR weeks before her baby is due



A Chinese woman has run a marathon despite being PREGNANT.
Amateur runner Xu Yunyun, 28, took part in the competition at the Beijing Olympic Park where she ended up taking centre stage.
Xu is expecting her baby to arrive at the start of March and believes the training would also make the delivery easier.
She said: "I have always been an enthusiastic runner and I don't see any reason why I need to stop just because I'm pregnant.
"I took an easy pace and didn't overstretch myself, and my doctor told me thecarrying on exercising is the best way to ensure a healthy baby is born."
The expectant mother took inspiration from Paula Radcliffe MBE who ran twice a day during the first five months of her 2006 pregnancy.
The US Department of Health and Human Services says women who are active runners could keep taking part in the sport during pregnancy
SOURCE-IRISH MIRROR

No comments:

Post a Comment