Saturday 18 January 2014

Boy, 16, suffers ruptured testicle after rough 'pat down' by police woman


Serious injury: A week after his operated Manning was still in pain and unable to walk

Philadelphia police have launched an internal investigation after a teenager allegedly suffered a ruptured testicle during a pat-down. 

Darrin Manning, 16, was with a group of teammates on their way to an after-school basketball game at 15th and Girard Streets when he was stopped by police officers.
Manning says he was handcuffed and patted down by a female police officer, who grabbed and pulled his genitals. He underwent emergency surgery the following day.

Manning, a straight-A student at Mathematics, Civics & Sciences Charter School, says that he was stopped for no reason.
'I didn't deserve to be wrongly stopped. They didn't - they didn't tell me what I did,' Manning told Fox 29.
While he was handcuffed, Manning says, one of the officers assaulted him.
'She patted me down again, and then I felt her reach, and she grabbed my butt. And then she grabbed and squeezed again and pulled down. And that's when I heard something pop, like I felt it pop,' Manning said.
 
He spent eight hours in jail after the alleged attack, but police say he never reported any injuries.
The next night, Manning spent the night at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where he underwent emergency surgery on his genitals, hospital records show.
Doctors say he may never be able to father children.


No comments:

Post a Comment