Wednesday 14 May 2014

'I was a bus conductor in Ilorin'- Former Nigerian Sports minister, Bolaji Abdullahi


Former Sports Minister, Bolaji Abdullahi said he was once a bus conductor as he struggled to make ends meet. Alhaji Abdullahi revealed this while delivering a paper at the annual public lecture of the Association of Business and Social Science Students, University of Ilorin on May 8th.
"I was a bus conductor in Ilorin because I didn’t have money to go to school and I know what poverty means because I grew up with it. We must stop pretending about our problems,” he said.
He urged students to see themselves as economic changers and advised that they become skillfull in any craft that they desire as this would go a long way in solving the high rate of unemployment in Nigeria. "I want to call on our youths to be skilful because you are winners,” he said.culled

No comments:

Post a Comment