Friday 24 January 2014

Woman who has lived alone for 26 years in Siberia appeals for someone to live with her

Plea: Agafya Lykova has wrote to a Siberian newspaper appealing for someone to live with her in her hermit home




When the family fled they built these huts in Siberia where Agafya has lived for almost 70 years















A woman who has lived alone for 26 years in Siberia is appealing for someone to live with her because she is lonely. 
Agafya Lykova, who is now nearly 70, is the sole survivor of the Lykov family who decided to cut themselves off from civilisation in 1936. 
But she has wrote to a Siberian newspaper begging for another Christian to come and live with her at her home which is hundreds of miles from its nearest town. 
She wrote: 'I don't know how God will help me survive the winter. There aren't any logs. I need to get them into the house and I need to keep reading prayers. 
'I'm suffocating and I am getting too cold while doing it when the weather is freezing. 
'Here is my battle for survival, alone and with the house to look after and things to do, all round
the clock until I suffer exhaustion'. 
Her parents decided to cut themselves off from civilisation in 1936 to escape persecution faced under Stalin. 
According to The Siberian Times she was born in either 1944 or 1945 and it was not until 1978 that
their hermit huts were spotted from the air in the Sayan Mountains by a party of Soviet geologists.

She wrote to the 'Krasnoyarsky Rabochiy' newspaper: 'I am all alone, my years are big, my health is bad, I keep getting ill.
'There is a lump on my right breast, and my strength is going. There is a need for a person, a helper, assuming there are kind people in the world, as the world has always had kind people.


SOURCE-DAILYM

No comments:

Post a Comment