Sunday 5 January 2014

The Life We Live And The Role Of God!


Sometime ago during a trip to Spain, I decided to hang out with some people I know there. This young guy came greeting, I had never met him before, but seeing everybody greeting and happy to see me, he too joined in.



 “Chairman! Chairman! why are you drinking RED BULL? Please have some Hennessey so you will feel really good” Smiling I assured him that i was having a nice time with my RED BULL. Later on he took me outside to have a little chat…“Chairman, I just want you to know that I am hustling hard. I am not a lazy chap. Very soon I am going to buy a HUMMER JEEP”

I looked at him properly; he was not more than 23years old and probably not up to 2years in Europe. A Hummer Jeep? 

 “Yes Chairman! Not through my strength, but with the help of BABA GOD. I have been praying so hard, and this is all I am asking BABA GOD to do for me” 

Again I asked, you want to drive a Hummer Jeep in this country?

 “Yes Chairman, with the help of BABA GOD” 

Then I asked him a vital question 

“But where are you going to tell the police you got the money from because you obviously don’t have a job?” 

Laughing very hard he replied 

“Don’t worry about that Chairman! I will drive the Hummer Jeep in this country, I will even buy one for that my brother” (Referring to his elder brother that was advising him earlier) still laughing he continued "Chairman I know you are not into this kind of thing, if not I would have asked you for some connections in your country but I know yours is only music”

Again he continued “Chairman, don’t be worried about me, I am not afraid I shall travel to Greece all by myself, walk into the Bank and collect the money.. but not by my own might but by BABA GOD”

 Then he got all serious again telling me how much he wanted BABA GOD to help him get the Hummer Jeep. As I listened to him, many thoughts went through my mind. 

Here was a young man not more than 23yrs old, about two years in Europe, has a single room and shares the living room with others, probably has 1 year resident permit, and all he thinks about is owning a Hummer Jeep. the most intriguing part of the conversation was his deep belief and conviction that GOD will help him defraud and steal. 

How do I begin to tell him God does not get involved in such things? I weighed my options and realised there was absolutely nothing I could have said that would deter him, because his heart was fixed on that Hummer Jeep and through indoctrination by somebody, he firmly believes BABA GOD will help him get whatever he sets his heart on regardless the means. 

 I don’t know how he ended up because that was long ago, but as I reminisce over that incident I am forced to ask myself if much has changed with us as a people since then.

The big man just finished his sexual orgies with 3 girls young enough to be his own daughter and he goes to church the next day and drops a huge sum of money as his Tithe and goes home fulfilled because he believes by this act GOD has answered his prayers. 


The exotic rich society lady is not left out, she too brings in the young university girls and after sleeping with them she also drops in huge sum of money as Tithe and believes her prayers are answered. 


Then we have the nice lady that is secretly having an affair with her best friend’s husband after all he was the one that approached her but then she is not missing out of the good things in life because she drops her Tithe money and believes her prayers are answered. 


Finally we have the owners of the country stashing millions and billions of dollars away at the detriment of the ordinary people and they eat and sleep well at night, after all they have front rows at the house of worship and they drop in tremendous amount of money as Gifts and Tithe. 


So it might not just be the young man (from Spain) alone, but maybe so many of us have finally figured GOD out and how to get our ways after all we are a very religious country, and his name is constantly on our lips 24/7. 

So just like the guy I met in Spain, we too may have been indoctrinated by somebody or by ourselves that BABA GOD shall always come through regardless of what we do. Maybe, just maybe… that is why it is no longer fashionable to talk, discuss or preach about SIN anymore in most of our places of worship!
 Think about it


Written by Lenny .A. Khiran

CULLED FROM SDK

No comments:

Post a Comment