Tuesday 21 July 2015

Iggy Azalea's fiancé Nick Young settles with woman who accused him of rape in 2011


Iggy Azalea's fiancé Nick Young has come to an arrangement with the woman who accused him of rape about 4 years ago. The LA Lakers ball player was sued for $3 million by the woman who claimed he slipped a drug in her drink at a Hollywood bar in 2011 before taking her to his home where she claimed he raped her.

The woman claimed she went to the UCLA Santa Monica Rape Treatment Center following the incident and an exam proved she had injuries consistent with the assault.
She filed a civil lawsuit in 2013 after the police dismissed her allegations due to her 'flawed' story.
Nick, initially refused to settle and it looked like the case could end up in court.
However, TMZ learned that the two sides did work out a deal and the case has been dismissed.
The terms were not disclosed.
A settlement does not indicate any admission of guilt. There are many reasons why people settle including high court costs, time commitments and the embarrassment of a trial.

Back in 2013 Nick, whose nickname is Swaggy P, denied the allegations on Instagram, writing:
'I was shocked with the amount of people who actually believed that Swaggy would do such a thing!
'I take my craft and my reputation seriously. I have a son that looks up to me as well as fans that are children. I would never want them to think of me in such a way.'

No comments:

Post a Comment