Tuesday 12 May 2015

Mother's Day surprise from President Obama to some lucky mums


US President, Barack Obama yesterday surprised three mothers by calling them on the phone to wish them a Happy Mother's Day. According to a White House source, Pres. Obama called Stephanie Tarr from Minnesota, Dawn Miller from Arizona and Patricia Church from Florida, who had at one point or the other written letters to the president.
"Hi. This is Barack Obama. Your President." Obama said "I know how tough it is to raise kids and do right by them, and if it hadn't been for my mother, I certainly wouldn't be here," Obama said on a phone call with one of the mothers "You are doing the most important work there is."
"Not uh ... no way," Stephanie Tarr reportedly responded in disbelief when the person on the other end of the phone introduced himself. "It's me! Give me a test," Obama replied. "Ask me about anything". Then he told all mums "I decided since it was Mother's Day, I should call letter-writers and moms and say 'thank you' for being great moms"

No comments:

Post a Comment