Monday 4 May 2015

I went into robbery to pursue my career in football – Suspect


25 year old armed robber, Emmanuel Enu (pictured above) from Cross Rivers state who was arrested alongside his accomplice, 30 year old Stanley Enu, by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Lagos State, for carrying out armed robbery attacks on residents of Satellite Town and Ijegun areas in Lagos state, says he took to armed robbery so he can pursue his dream as a footballer.
"After I finished secondary school, I started work as a security man at a terminal in Apapa. I was earning N18,500. When I lost the job in 2014, a friend introduced me to robbery. His name is Onuora. He also brought the gun. On that day, we took off from around the Wharf area, we were on a motorcycle. We snatched one man’s phone, and Onuora said he wanted to ease himself. While he was doing that, some policemen on two motorcycles arrested me and found the gun in a bag that I was holding.

Onuora escaped. My father is a retired naval officer. When I was working as a security man, I was saving money to pursue my football career, but when I lost the job, there was nothing. I have been to the Benin Republic and Togo to play football. I was looking for money to travel to Sweden. That was why I agreed to join Onuora for robbery. I was looking for N300,000 for the journey. I wanted to go for a trial in a football club there.” he said when interrogated
His accomplice, Stanley, said he had only followed his friend for four operations
“I have gone for about four operations at Igando and Agbara areas. When we robbed at Igando, I got N13, 000. We also took three phones and N15,000. We also carried out operation at Agbara and realised N25,000. It was at Lekki that we make the highest amount of N780,000" he said
Both men are in police custody and will soon be charged to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment