Friday 8 May 2015

Graduate Missing On His Way From Lagos To Niger After Collecting BSC Certificate




A graduate of computer science, Valentine Jegede, has gone missing on the way to his home town in Kanji, Niger State, after collecting his Bachelor of Science degree certificate.

It was learnt that the 27-year-old man had left Kanji on April 28 to collect his result at the North American University, Cotonou, Benin Republic in preparation for the National Youth Service Corps exercise.

Valentine was billed to go to the orientation camp of the corps on Tuesday in Cross River State, where he was posted.

Our correspondent gathered that on his way back from the school, he stopped by in Lagos and passed the night at his friend’s house in Ijede, Ikorodu. He reportedly left for Kanji around 9am on Monday.

The father, Oluwaseun, said his son called him when he was at a motor park, informing him that he was in a bus en route to Kanji. He added that he had been basking in excitement and waiting for his son’s arrival to celebrate the result.

He said, “He told me on the phone that he was at a motor park and that the bus would soon take off.

“One hour later, I tried to get across to him, but his line indicated that it was not reachable. I became confused when it was evening and I did not hear from him.

“I called his friend’s mother, but she was confused too. We have been in darkness since then. We have no idea of where he could have gone to. I just pray he is safe wherever he may be. I jubilated when he informed me that he had collected his result and I promised him a special celebration. He was preparing for his NYSC. The family is in deep sorrow now. Her mother has been crying.”

Valentine’s mother, Ronke Jegede, who also spoke with Punch Metro, appealed to the public to avail the family of any information that could lead to her son’s whereabouts. She described him as God-fearing and obedient.

“He is my first son and they are only two. Please pray along with us for Valentine to come back home safe. I believe it is not big for God to do. He is gentle and God-fearing.

Deji’s mother, Mrs. Ajaguna Jumoke, said she received the news of Valentine’s missing with shock. She said she had reported the incident at the police stations in Ikorodu.

“I was in the office when his dad notified me. It seemed like magic. That very day when he wanted to leave, I gave him N1,000 to buy recharge card and he prayed for me. I told him we will fast and pray for him to have a hitch-free NYSC orientation. He ought to have been in camp since Tuesday. His friend, Deji is supposed to go for NYSC too this year, but he is sick.

“I reported at the Ipakodo and Sagamu Road police stations. The police said they would try their best to ensure he is found. I also went to a motor park in Ikorodu, but I could not trace him. He told me he would board a bus there. A woman told me police raided the park in the morning because of a riot. I was showed those that were arrested when I went to Area N but he was not there.”

The Lagos State Police spokesperson, DSP Kenneth Nwosu promised to get back to our correspondent.

No comments:

Post a Comment