Tuesday 20 January 2015

Kelvin Hart Turns Down Gay Role In Movie


During an interview with New York’s Power 105.1 radio station, the Wedding Ringer star admitted to turning down the role of Alpa Chino in 2008’s Tropic Thunder because he didn’t feel comfortable playing a gay role.
Hart explained that the draft of the script he read was different from the shooting script.
“The dude, he was doing a lot of stuff in the draft that I read,
 It was real flagrant. … I was like, ‘I can’t do this.” Hart said.
Hart was then asked whether he would ever play a gay character. 
 “I can’t, Not because I have any ill will or disrespect. Its because I don’t think I’m really going to dive into that role 100 percent because of insecurities about myself trying to play that part. Does that make sense?”

Hart, who is engaged to model Eniko Parrish, pointed out that he doesn’t have an issue with the gay community. He added that he may change his mind years from now on playing a gay role, once he gets more acting experience.

Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment