Monday 26 January 2015

Boy Accused Of Killing Father Castrates Self



Oluwaropo Tifase, the university dropout who was accused of killing his 75-year-old father, Moses, in the Jakande Estate, Mile 2 area of Lagos State, has removed his testicles while in the custody of the police.

Twenty-two-year-old Oluwaropo, during a chat with punch correspondent at the Lagos Island General Hospital, where he was rushed to for treatment, said he acted under the influence of a spirit which possessed him at the time.

It was reported on December 30, 2014 that the Imesi Ile, Osun State indigene, was rusticated from a university in Ondo State, a few years back, for engaging in cult-related activities.

He was alleged to have sneaked into his father’s bedroom and stabbed him with a pair of scissors in the neck.

Neighbours, who first discovered the deceased in a pool of blood, were said to have alerted the police at the FESTAC division.

The whole family was said to have been rounded up for questioning and after some preliminary investigations, Oluwaropo was detained while the others were released.

It was reported that his mother, 65-year-old Funmilayo, told the police that the suspect once manhandled her during an argument.

It was said that he was the last child and only son of the five children of the victim.

It was learnt that the case was later transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, where the suspect was kept in custody.

However, he was said to have used the tiles of the cell to remove his two testicules.

The police at the SCID were said to have rushed him to the Lagos Island General Hospital on Tuesday when the incident happened.

When punch correspondent visited him in the ward where he was receiving treatment, it was observed that he walked with his legs apart.

It was learnt that the doctors at the hospital “stitched” the affected area.

After exchanging pleasantries, Oluwaropo said he could not explain the reason for his action.

He said, “I got frustrated with my life while in the cell because I was alone and was abandoned there. I didn’t see outside of the cell for a long time.

“A spirit entered into me and said I should do it. So I castrated myself. I removed the two testicles myself.”

Asked if he didn’t feel pains while removing the testicles, he replied, “I did.”

It was learnt that Oluwaropo was 17 years old when he was sent out of school for cultism in 400 Level.

He was asked if he was a cultist, and why he was rusticated from school.

He said, “I am not a cultist and I didn’t kill my dad. It is my mother that keeps telling people that I am a cultist.

“I studied industrial design in school, but I didn’t like the course, so I voluntarily dropped out of school because I discovered my love ─ computer. I love programming, so, I decided to leave school on my own and pursue my love.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

He said, “Yes it happened. He broke the tiles in the cell toilet and used them to cut his testicles. As we speak, he is in the hospital undergoing treatment.”
Culled Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment