Sunday 12 October 2014

Tory MP quits over sex texts



Tory MP Brooks Newmark said he would quit at the general election next May after a second woman revealed he had sent her explicit personal pictures.
His announcement comes a fortnight after he was revealed to have sent graphic photos to fictitious PR woman 'Sophie Wittams' in a tabloid sting operation. Mr Newmark has admitted that stress at work drove him to increasingly erratic behaviour and he began a series of flirtations online. He said: 'Now my political career is in ruins. I have traumatised my family and let down my constituents and my colleagues. Many will regard me as a failure.' He said the scandal has consumed him and his family, pictured with his wife Lucy. The MP will be beginning residential psychiatric treatment and admitted he suffers from depression.

Dailym

No comments:

Post a Comment