Thursday 25 September 2014

Nursery worker gives birth while on her LUNCH BREAK at work



A nursery worker had the shock of her life when she gave birth on her lunch break in the toilet.
Hannah Brown, 27, from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, was just 28 weeks pregnant when she had to deliver her own baby in the loo at work.

At three months premature, newborn April, now two months old, was rushed to Gloucester Royal Hospital to the intensive care unit.
After a nerve-racking two months, four weeks before Hannah's due date, Hannah and husband Kyle, 29, brought their healthy baby girl home.
Hannah, head of the baby unit at Tree Tops Nursery, said: 'I was having my lunch break with my colleagues when I felt really uncomfortable so I went to the toilet.
'I was on the loo when I knew I could feel the baby's head.
'I called for help for someone to get me an ambulance but there wasn't time.
'I could hear the sirens when April just whooshed out onto the floor.
'I was in such disbelief that I had given birth in the toilet at work.'
The premature baby was taken to hospital where her development was monitored, and thankfully, she was discharged from hospital after just eight weeks - four weeks before her due date.
Hannah Brown had started the day in July just like any other, and went to work at Tree Tops Nursery which was celebrating its 25th anniversary.
She said: 'I woke up and didn't feel quite myself but I didn't think much of it and went to work.
'I'd had a scan the day before and everything was fine with the baby so I wasn't worried.
'But when I was having my lunch break with my colleagues I started to feel really uncomfortable.
'I went to the toilet and knew what was coming. I just thought, right, that's the head.'
Hannah called out for her colleagues who called 999 and her husband Kyle.

Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment