Saturday 9 August 2014

'Breaking up with Caroline made me a better golfer'

McIlroy

The 25-year-old, pictured inset, has revealed he is mentally in a 'far better place' since the break-up and that what happened was 'for the best in terms of my golf'.
The world number one split from tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, 23 - pictured left after she said she was 'wearing heels for the first time in three years' - just days after the couple, pictured right, sent out their wedding invitations. Since the break-up, the Irish golfer has been playing some of his best golf, including winning the British Open last month. Speaking to reporters while in pursuit of his second major title in four weeks at the 96th US PGA Championship, he said: ‘I think what happened has been for the best in terms of my golf. I’ve put a bit more time into it and it has refocused me. I mean, what else do I have to do now?'

Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment