Wednesday 9 April 2014

16 Year Old Nigerian Teenager Writes Inspiring Open Letter About Hope


''I am writing this letter not to everybody but to just one person out there who thinks there is nothing more to life.
I am writing this letter reminding you that no matter your situation there will surely be a way out. I have heard of the increasing suicide rate in the world today and I am like really? Have we forgotten that the good book says:
"Where there is life there is hope for a living dog is better than a dead lion (Ecc. 9 v 4)."

Did you also know that whatever is worth dying for is worth living for?

 Let's take Christ as our practical example who even while we were yet sinners died for us and today He is still alive for our sake.

He made us pure and clean by the blood he shed on the cross of Calvary and is alive so that after we have become saved can have the name of Jesus as our stronghold.

What exactly is that situation that you think you will never get out of? Is it unwanted? Is it financial struggle? A loved one just died? Is it rejection? Or do you just feel like nothing ever goes right?


I want to let you know that throughout your struggles Christ was somewhere there, He is there and will always be there so listen to Him now telling you ''hold on, don't let go''
You are everything He is, so even when it hurts, even when it's hard, even when it all just falls apart, run to Him because He will surely steady your heart.


No need for worries because He has you right at the palm of His hand.

Are you at that point when you feel you have nothing else to offer the world except from brokenness? Is your heart broken? Is your joy stolen? Is the pain hard to heal? Listen I say again, He is saying to you:
"I will lift you up! ...Higher than you will ever think!
I will turn your story around and even you will be a surprise to yourself.
I will make things happen so fast, your head will swim and everywhere you turn all you will see is blessings''
...that is the voice of your saviour, the lover of your soul.

So, when next those horrible thoughts come telling you that you aren't good enough or you aren't worth it, remind it of who you are and tell it you have a more sure hope in Christ. You are on a solid rock and cannot be moved.

I, Alero Obaseki is writing this from the depth of my heart reminding you that there is more to life than you have seen. Don't give up just yet. Sometime later down this line you will look at that situation, laugh and say ''I came, I saw, I conquered."

The sky will soon be your beginning, so my brothers, sisters, uncles, and aunties out there let's make this an open letter reminding ourselves that all that took place that day on the cross of calvary was for you and I.

So enjoy life to the fullest, laugh all you want, shop all you can, eat all you wish (responsibly that is,) and make as many friends as you wish.
Always remember Jesus loves you.Culled

Signed: ALERO OBASEKI

No comments:

Post a Comment