Thursday 13 August 2015

Single female invites stranger to restaurant then discovers something heartbreaking

Brooke Ochoa

Brooke Ochoa was going for lunch alone - but when she invited a stranger to sit with her, she quickly made a new friend for life

Dining alone is one of the last remaining socially awkward situations - but one woman who was after a 'table for one' got a brand new friend instead thanks to a stranger's kindness.
Brooke Ochoa shared her story on Facebook, and it's bound to chime with anyone who has ever used a book or their smartphone as company on a solo dining date.

She explained that she went to a restaurant for lunch and held the door for an older lady who asked the waitress for a "table for one".
"I waited and hesitated but then I walked over and said, 'I'm eating by myself too would you like to have lunch together?' She was ecstatic!"
Brooke found out that the woman, whose name was Delores, had spent the last decade living with her mum, who had recently died, and her aunt, who was put in a nursing home, so she was feeling lonely.
"We had a wonderful talk, and she just kept smiling and saying thank you for listening to me, which made me smile too!
"Her words healed my heart just as much as I healed her lonely one. By far the best decision I've made all year!"
Broke also revealed that the pair had decided to have lunch every Thursday from now on.
The post has gone viral with more than 270,000 shares, with many praising Brooke's kindness.
Sally V Bates wrote: "You have each made a new friend. That's wonderful," while Linda Campion added: "How fabulous, we can change so much just doing something so easy. Good on you girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment