Tuesday 19 May 2015

Woman Lied To Friends & Family That She Had Incurable Cancer

Meaghan said she had multiple myeloma. Close friends ( right) rushed to support her, even shaving their heads in solidarity and getting tattoos 

One Meaghan Hudson who spent a whole year deceiving friends and family that she has an incurable cancer, and raising thousands of dollars from a fundraising page (gofundme) to help her has been busted and arrested by the police. 



Her friends had shaved their heads and had tattoos to support her, only to find out it was all a lie.

Hudson who confessed to American TV host Dr Phil, blamed her consistent lies on a desire for attention after a number of her loved ones died.

She said: "I had just recently lost four different, very close people in my family in the past seven months."My paternal grandfather, my stepmother's father, another very, very close grandfather figure and my great grandmother… I think, one day, I was in a very dark place and I didn’t feel like I had that unconditional love or support, and I wanted it.”

When asked if she was grieving, she said yes. Hudson first lied to her stepmother and father, and then her closest friends.

“There’s a point at which you said, ‘This is working. It’s getting me what I want,’” Dr Phil said.

“I cannot ever think of a time I thought those things,” Hudson replied. 

“But, yes. It was obvious that it was having the effect of those things that I had always wanted.


"I didn’t ever think in my head, Oh, this is really working. It was more of, this is something that I lied about, and I didn’t know how to stop.”

No comments:

Post a Comment