Tuesday 10 March 2015

Husband Claims Wife Committed Suicide Because She Was Caught Cheating


Seun Alabi, a 33-year-old man, who is currently being investigated by the police in Yaba, Lagos, has denied killing his wife.
The wife, Bose, a 27-year-old Togolese, reportedly committed suicide after her husband, Seun Alabi, confronted her over allegations of extra-marital
affairs. The couple have been married for over seven years with three children. 

“My wife took poison after a misunderstanding over her infidelity,” he claims.

According to Vanguard, It was gathered that Seun Alabi, a tiler, had called a colleague with his wife, Bose's phone before leaving for work. Bose mistakenly dialled the same number, much later, mistaking it for her lover’s number, and requested that they meet at her friend’s place.
Surprised by the strange request, the husband’s colleague, told her that she had mistaken him for someone else. She apologized for the mix up and ended the call.

However, Seun’s colleague told him about the call and there started the trouble. He returned from work and confronted his wife, she initially denied the allegations but later admitted to engaging in extra-marital affair.
According to Seun, “I threatened to report her to her family members, so she confessed and pleaded for forgiveness. I was surprised and could not imagine that she could cheat on me after seven years of marriage.

“I was angry and slept on the three-seater. It was her legs that were hitting me, that woke me from sleep and I saw her in severe pains. I then saw an empty bottle of sniper insecticide on the table.“I raised alarm and neighbours rushed inside to help. One of them brought palm oil, which I gave to her. But when we realized that it was more than we can handle, we rushed her to the hospital. On our way to Ogba General Hospital, she died.”
The deceased's relatives have however accused the suspect of having a hand in the death of the victim, adding that until the demise of Bose, Seun had not paid her dowry, despite living together for years and bearing him children.

Seun said: “I could not pay my wife’s bride price because my wife’s family asked for about a million naira, which I could not raise.”

culled

No comments:

Post a Comment