Friday 15 August 2014

Tennis star who had breast reduction surgery to help her game

At the time of her operation, Miss Halep, pictured before surgery said of her breasts: 'I don't like them in my everyday life, either. I would have gone for surgery even if I hadn't been a sportswoman'

Many sport stars say they will do whatever it takes to succeed.
But tennis player Simona Halep has gone to drastic measures in her bid to win Wimbledon – by having a breast reduction to improve her reaction times.

And since going from a 34DD to a 34C aged 17, she has soared up the rankings – and is now seeded number three for Wimbledon, ahead of former champion Maria Sharapova.
As one commentator explained: ‘She is more confident, more mobile and her strokes are less restricted now that those obstacles have been reduced.’
The 22-year-old Romanian reached the fourth round at last year’s US Open and the quarterfinals at the Australian Open in January, before making it to the French Open final a few weeks ago.
Her recently appointed coach Wim Fissette said her breast reduction had been 'an important part of her career.'
She added: 'I guess it was the right decision. I did not see her then. I have seen some photos, but she took that decision and it was a good one. I understand that. 
'That’s why she was famous. 
'Let’s hope she will win a Grand Slam and then they will start talking about the Grand Slams and not something else.’  
At the time of her operation, Miss Halep said of her breasts: 'I don’t like them in my everyday life, either. I would have gone for surgery even if I hadn’t been a sportswoman.’ 
She said last week: 'A few years ago I was looking up the rankings on the internet and I saw I was on the fourth page. I said my dream was to be on the first page. 
'Now I am there. I want to enjoy this moment but I want to improve more in my game and maybe be second or first.'

Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment