Tuesday 5 August 2014

Nigeria Fastest Runner Blessing Okagbare Talks About The Man In Her Life



Blessing Okagbare has indeed made Nigeria proud in the ongoing Commonwealth Games in Glasgow following her an outstanding performance and winning Gold Medal win in the women’s 100m and 200m race.

25 years old Blessing has also become the only Nigerian athlete to have won medals in all major athletic competitions viz; Olympics, World Athletics Championship, All Africa Games and Commonwealth Games. Aside her athletic lane, Blessing revealed in an interview on New telegraph, the man behind her happy smiles. He is also in the sports lane.
 Happily engaged to her heartthrob Igho Otegheri – a 3-time capped ex-Super Eagles player and former champion of the Heartland Football Club of Owerri.  
Talking about her man she said:
“He is Igho Otegheri, a footballer who is very down to the earth. One thing about relationships is that you need a person that understands and tolerates you both in your good and bad times. He is someone that really cherishes me for who I am and not the fame I have got. He is someone that looks at your inner beauty and wants to help you grow. He supports my dreams and pushes me to hit my targets. He came and I couldn’t say no.”
 Narrating on how they started dating, she said:
  “I actually knew him before I left the shores of Nigeria. He is someone I knew through a friend and we were not really talking, but something happened and we got talking and that was it.I actually liked him as a friend before I left and we were talking as friends on the phone and I was not really surprised when he asked me out.
But you know, I had to bid my time even though I was very happy that he asked me out. “We are women; we need to do a bit of delay tactics before accepting proposals. He is someone I really want to be with because he is nice and God fearing.
Those were some basic things I prayed for in a man. He is kind and that is a great thing for me because he supports my life, my career and my aspirations. I couldn’t say no because he has all what I prayed for in my ideal man. “He is a very easygoing person and he does not see me as Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare, but as the woman he loves and I love it. Most times he forgets that I’m Blessing Okagbare and sometimes I get upset (laughing) I’m just kidding. That is a very great thing because a lot of people just put the whole “Blessing Okagbare thing”’ on their head and that pisses me off.”
Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment