Sunday 20 July 2014

Actress Who Mailed Obama Poisonous Ricin Sentenced to 18 Years in Prison

rp_guess.jpg


Shannon Guess Richardson
, the Texan actress arrested last year after she mailed ricin-laced letters to prominent political figures, was sentenced to 18 years in federal prison today.

Richardson, who had tried to frame her estranged husband for the letters she sent to President Barack Obama and former Mayor Michael Bloomberg, was sentenced yesterday in Texarkana, TX, and said that she “never intended for anybody to be hurt,” she said in a statement,according to USA Today.
“I’m not a bad person. I don’t have it in me to hurt anyone,” they quoted her as saying. “I do love my country, and I respect my president.”
She faced one charge of “developing, producing, possessing and transferring a biological agent for use as a weapon,” and, in addition to her 18 years in prison, must also pay $367,000 in restitution as part of her plea deal.
Prior to her arrest, Richardson was known for her small-time screen roles on The Vampire DiariesThe Walking Dead, and All My Children.
Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment