Thursday 5 June 2014

Auto dealer excretes 52 wraps of cocaine


36 year old Imo-state born Anabaronye Ken, an auto parts dealer based in Lagos has been arrested by National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) officials after he excreted 52 wraps of cocaine at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos. He was arrested as he was about to board a flight to France en route Milan, Italy. It took Ken four days to excrete all the drugs from his system, Punch reports
 
When interrogated, Ken said he went into the business to better the life of his family and prayed that he be released on time so he can witness the birth of his unborn child as his pregnant wife is due to give birth soon. 
"I sell motor spare parts, but at present I have no shop and my wife is pregnant, about to give birth to our first child. I got myself involved in drug trafficking to take care of my family. I ingested 52 wraps of cocaine for a fee of E4,000. I sincerely plead for mercy. My greatest desire is to be released from custody before my wife’s delivery date,” he said.
Chairman of NDLEA, Mr Ahmadu Giade while speaking about the arrest suggested stiffer penalties for drug trafficking culprits so as to deter others from engaging in the crime 
"In addition to public enlightenment, stiffer penalties are effective means of addressing the problem of illicit drug trafficking and abuse. It will assist in the drastic reduction of the financial attraction of drug trafficking.”

No comments:

Post a Comment