Sunday 23 February 2014

Wonder-dog' who answers the phone, takes out the laundry and makes the bed

Amber, the ginger-haired Labrador/golden retriever cross, is credited with transforming Helen Bree's life by helping with domestic tasks such as collecting a ringing phone (pictured)

Just two years ago, Helen Bree was at her lowest point and facing a bleak future.

Having been born with cerebral palsy and then diagnosed with progressive multiple sclerosis, poor health had finally forced her to retire from the job she loved after almost 30 years.
The independence she had relished – her own house and worldwide travel – suddenly seemed about to come to an abrupt end.
But then she met Amber, the ginger-haired Labrador/golden retriever cross, who turned the 57-year-old’s life around.
‘She’s been the best thing to happen to me in years and what I’d do without her, I really don’t know,’ Ms Bree said.
Amber has become her right hand, doing everything from passing her clothes each morning to taking off her shoes and socks at night.
‘At my request she goes to the bathroom to fetch my nightie and lifts my legs into bed using her nose,’ Ms Bree said.
‘She’s even learned to cover me up with the duvet and bring the ringing phone to me and she’s learning to take the dirty laundry out of the washing basket and pass it to me to put in the machine.’
When Ms Bree and Amber go shopping, they attract a lot of attention.

SOURCE-DAILYM

No comments:

Post a Comment