Thursday 2 January 2014

What your other half REALLY sees when he looks at you...

According to a new survey, beauty may indeed be in the eye of the beholder. When researchers asked a group of men and women to imagine the face of their perfect woman, the results revealed stark differences between the sexes.

The men went for a full-lipped, button-nosed, platinum-haired beauty, while the women came up with a strong-browed brunette.
Aside from proving that gentlemen really do prefer blondes, the study highlights the differences in what men and women see when they look at a beautiful woman. 
Eve Ahmed, 51, and her husband Peter Lovett, bravely agreed to study Eve's face and reveal what they both see, like and dislike
Eve Ahmed, 51, and her husband Peter Lovett, bravely agreed to study Eve's face and reveal what they both see, like and dislike
Eve Ahmed, 51, and her husband Peter Lovett, a market researcher, bravely agreed to study Eve's face and reveal what they both see.
Peter says: 'I first spotted Eve 15 years ago in a wine bar. Everything about her seemed perfect. The combination of  all her features just felt right to me - and today, I still feel the same way.' 
 

FACE SHAPE

Peter says: Eve's got a round face but with full cheeks which fortunately stop just short of making her look like a hamster. I think it's irresistible. I know it's a bit weird but I've often had the temptation to do the grandfatherly thing of pinching them. Luckily, I've managed to resist the impulse - otherwise, I might get a deserved slap. Eve's face is the perfect foundation for her other features. I think she'd like it to be thinner, but she'd be entirely wrong.
Eve says: I've been told that I have good cheekbones, but as far as I can see my face is so plump that my cheekbones fight a losing battle. I guess a rounded face is youthful looking, but how I yearn for the elegance of Sophie Ellis-Bextor's sculpted visage.
Eve's got a round face but with full cheeks which fortunately stop just short of making her look like a hamster. I think it's irresistible, says Peter
Eve's got a round face but with full cheeks which fortunately stop just short of making her look like a hamster. I think it's irresistible, says Peter

EYES

Peter says: I adore Eve's eyes – they're dark brown and mysterious. The first time I looked into them it felt like I was staring into a puddle of melted chocolate. I love the fact that she's slightly short-sighted, too. It gives her a kooky quality that, even after all our years together, I can't quite fathom. And then when she smiles, her eyes light up. They positively glow with happiness.
Eve says: All I see is that hooded lid over my right eye. It doesn't matter how many times I've been told I have lovely dark brown eyes, all I see is that droopy lid.  If I had the money, in a flash I'd have surgery to haul that lid upwards. 
Not only that, but my eyes are veiny, yet there's no surgeon in the world who could remedy that particular issue. Eyes are said to be the windows to the soul.  In that case, my soul must be half-shuttered and bloodshot. 
To make matters worse, I've stubby eyelashes and can't be seen in public without lashings of mascara.

EYEBROWS

'It doesn't offend me, but if I could change one thing about her it would be that nose,' says Peter. Eve dislikes her nose too
'It doesn't offend me, but if I could change one thing about her it would be that nose,' says Peter. Eve dislikes her nose too
Peter says: Eve's eyebrows are ever- so neat - probably because she  has them threaded (whatever that is!) every few weeks. You could take those eyebrows anywhere and they'd be stood to attention . . . in sharp contrast to my own bushy caterpillars. To be honest, they are a little too stern for me and I'd love it if she let them relax into her face a little more.
Eve says: Once again, all I see is the flaws.  Why is one eyebrow higher and shorter than the other?  It's simply not fair. I regularly have them threaded and dyed but still they persist in their unevenness.  In the past, I have considered semi-permanent make-up to get the desired effect, but I am scared that I'd end up looking clownish or laughably outdated.

NOSE

Peter says: If I'm honest, I don't think Eve's nose is her best feature. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't offend me, but if I could change one thing about her it would be that nose. It could be a little thinner and more defined. 
As it is, it has a slightly marshmallow quality to it most of the time. At the beginning of our rare rows, it flares imperiously, and I know I am going to get a dressing down.
Eve saysThis has got to be my worst feature. Squishy, squashy, broad and inelegant, it looks like a lump of dough stuck to the middle of my face. My mum and dad had lovely narrow noses so goodness knows why I've been landed with such a blobby proboscis.

HAIR

Peter says: There's no getting away from it, compared to me, Eve's got hair. . . a lot of hair. . . hair as big as Joan Collins's shoulder pads in Dynasty . . . hair that birds could nest in. And I love it! Especially in its natural curly state. So why does she insist on trying to straighten out those luscious locks rather than going 'au naturel'? I've tried to tell her, but does she listen?
Eve says: This is the bane of my life. Thick, coarse and frizzy hair just doesn't look sophisticated.  I spend so much time straightening it, only for it to spring back to frizz when I step outside and the weather has its wicked way.  I keep it long, despite my advancing years, partly through vanity but also because it's a form of security - it's useful for hiding behind - and for keeping my neck warm in winter.

SKIN

Peter says: Eve's so lucky with her particular mix of DNA. She hardly looks any older now than she did when we met. Like a fine wine, she only improves with the years, and although I'm only a few years older than her, the age gap seems to be widening. She's so much less wrinkly than me. Eve says she hates the creases around her eyes, but they just make her look even more sensual and attractive.
'Eve's so lucky with her particular mix of DNA. She hardly looks any older now than she did when we met,' gushes Peter
'Eve's so lucky with her particular mix of DNA. She hardly looks any older now than she did when we met,' gushes Peter
Eve says: Every day I look in the mirror and see my grandma trying to nudge into the frame, what with the wrinkles around my eyes and the tramlines on my forehead. I spend a fortune on creams and potions: the more complicated the science, the better. Quote me something unpronounceable and I'll buy it.
I tried Restylane for the grooves around my mouth and Botox for my wrinkly forehead just the once. Peter and my daughters found the stiffening of my expressions so revolting that they made me promise never to go near dermal fillers and the like again.

SMILE

Peter says: Eve's got a smile to die for. It's not just her mouth that smiles - her whole face lights up. When she's smiling at me, it makes me feel wonderful - like the most important person in the world. Need I say more?
Eve says: At last, a feature that I like! My smile is big and genuine. I used to ration it for fear it would cause the lines around my mouth to deepen - but since there's a limit to what can be done to fight the ageing process, I may as well and grin and bear it.

LIPS

Peter says: Is it possible to improve perfection? I don't think so.
Eve says: For some weird reason, my top lip is thinner on one side than the other. I 'm obsessed with symmetry, so my mouth's lack of balance jumps out at me in photos. I'd love a perfect beestung pout, but have to make do with wonky instead.

TEETH

Peter says: She'll hate me for revealing this, but Eve's had work done on her teeth. Having them bleached and straightened struck me as high-maintenance, as well as expensive, but I have to say the results look entirely natural. 
Eve says: Having my teeth bleached and straightened for my 50th birthday was one of my best beauty decisions. However, they're not perfect and that's what I strive for. The bottom row is still crooked, despite 18 months of wear ing braces, and really I would prefer my teeth to be a dazzlingly bright white rather than their current magnolia paint colour.

SOURCE-DAILYM

No comments:

Post a Comment