Wednesday 8 January 2014

Naomi Oni poured acid over HERSELF to achieve fame and fortune'

Brave: Naomi Oni arrives at Snaresbrook Crown Court today, where her friend Mary Konye is accused of throwing acid in her face in a jealous rage















































A Victoria's Secret lingerie store worker was today forced to deny throwing acid in her own face to gain fame and fortune.
Naomi Oni, 21, was accused of setting up the attack and asking friend Mary Konye, also 21, to 'play the stalker' and throw the corrosive liquid over her.


Miss Oni vehemently denied the claims made by Konye's QC, on the third day of a trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
The prosecution claim Konye donned a full niqab before following Oni as she made her way home from Westfield Stratford City in east London where she worked.
The victim was left disfigured for life after Konye allegedly doused her with sulphuric acid near her home in Dagenham, Essex.
But the defence it was part of an elaborate plan to become rich and famous. 
Today Miss Oni insisted she was not 'obsessed' with plastic surgery or the story of fellow acid attack victim Katy Piper, despite an internet search history on her laptop suggesting otherwise.
In cross examination Sally O'Neill asked her to explain to jurors the story of Ms Piper before asking whether she had become obsessed by the disfigured model.
Miss Oni said: 'I wouldn't say obsessed but it deeply moved me. I read about other attacks but it was not an obsession.'
Ms O'Neill said it was the defence case that she hatched a plan with Konye to pour acid over herself to improve her future prospects.
She said: 'You said if something similar to that of Katy Piper happened to you then that wouldn't be the end of the world because Katy Piper probably had a career boost.'
Miss Oni simply replied: 'No.'
The defence barrister asked her why she had visited a series of plastic surgery websites.
Miss Oni answered: 'I do not think I was very pretty at all.
'I went on the sites for no reason in particular - I had body issues and I was interested in plastic surgery for my body but there was no particular reason.
'I remember searching for my eyelids because I had double eyelids which I didn't like so I planned one day to see if I could do something about it.'

SOURCE-DAILYM

No comments:

Post a Comment