Saturday 4 January 2014

Mercy Johnson Narrates Her Humble Beginning


Indeed she had a humble beginning. Mercy explains in a recent interview how she and her family members moved into an uncompleted building just to have a roof over themselves and how her brother turned into a bricklayer to cater for the family. She also talked about her journey into Nollywood.

“Sometimes when I cry in movies, it isn't the script that makes me cry. When I recall my humble beginning, I give thanks to God. When I remember how we moved into an uncompleted building and had to take cover whenever it rained because of the condition of the house; how my brother did a menial job as a bricklayer to earn a living and those days when we rolled over a stick to cover the windows up till the point when I started acting and raised money to cover the roof… I recall those days we were living with lizards because the floor and the walls of the house were not plastered, or when I had scars as a result of my several falls.” She disclosed.

                                                             
On her journey into acting

“After my secondary school education, I failed the University Matriculation Examination (UME) and came back to Lagos to get a degree. While that was on, I watched Genevieve Nnaji in a movie entitled: Sharon Stone.  I later approached a friend for assistance to feature in a movie. He said I had a great body and that I would make a good actress. He later took me to the National Theatre, but a role did not come until a year later, when I had my first lead role in a film entitled: The Maid.

SOURCE-LLB

No comments:

Post a Comment