Sunday 26 January 2014

Chelsea confirm midfielder Michael Essien will move to AC Milan on free transfer

Going, going, gone: Essien has left Stamford Bridge
Chelsea have confirmed that they have reached an agreement with Italian side AC Milan for the transfer of Michael Essien, subject to a medical and agreeing personal terms.

The 31-year-old midfielder has struggled for regular action at Stamford Bridge this term, having made just two Premier League starts since returning from his 2012-13 loan spell at Spanish giants Real Madrid.
Essien flew to Milan on Friday evening and was greeted at the airport by supporters, who presented him with the club's shirt.
The Ghanaian is expected to pen an 18-month deal with the seven-time European champions - becoming new manager Clarence Seedorf's first signing.
Essien leaves west London having won two Premier League titles, four FA Cups and the 2012 Champions League.
However Essien has also suffered with two serious knee injuries since his £24million from French club Lyon in 2005.
"I'm happy to be here," said Essien, speaking to the Milan Channel.
"I will do my best for Milan and I hope to be ready to play.
"I spoke with Mr [Clarence] Seedorf two days ago. I cannot wait to be available.
"I really want to thank the chairman and the team and thanks to Jose Mourinho, who has allowed me to wear the Rossoneri shirt."

SOURCE-UK MIRROR

No comments:

Post a Comment